All participants must be a minimum of 16 years of age to participate in the Dragon Boat races. Racers under the age of 18 need require parental consent.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST READ AND SIGN THIS FORM. This form sets out your legal rights and responsibilities with respect to your participation in racing dragon boats on the Annapolis River & Jubilee Park, Annapolis County, Nova Scotia. This waiver shall be governed by and construed pursuant to the laws of Nova Scotia. You are strongly encouraged to seek independent legal advice to assist you in understanding these rights and obligations.
WAIVER OF CLAIM
As consideration for my participation in the Dragon Boat Race to be held on July 13, 2019 , I, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, WAIVE any claim to which I may become entitled for any loss, damage or injury to my personal property or injury to myself (including death), and RELEASE CARP’s Annapolis River Festival, Clean Annapolis River Project, Dragon Boats East (the “Releasees”) and the directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, successors and assigns of each of the Releasees from liability for any injury or damage caused by or attributable to, either directly or indirectly for any act or omission of the above-noted parties and/or any person for whom the parties are, in law, responsible, from any claims, demands, damages, actions or causes of action arising out of or as a consequence of any such loss, injury or damage to my person (including death) or personal property incurred while participating in the Dragon Boat Race or any practices therefore regardless of whether such loss, injury or damage may arise from the negligence or any other act of misfeasance of malfeasance, intentional or otherwise of or by any or all of the parties.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
I further state that:
1. I am 18 years of age or older, or I am under 18 years of age and have parental consent (parent must sign at the bottom of this waiver).
2. I am aware of the inherent risks associated with my participation in Dragon Boat Race, specifically in racing dragon boats on the Annapolis River.
3. I am solely responsible for my decision to participate in the Dragon Boat Race and sign this waiver. I have not been persuaded or influenced in any way to participate in the Dragon Boat Race or to sign this waiver.
4. No representations or warranties have been made to me regarding any matter, including but not limited to, the risks, hazards, conditions or nature of racing the dragon boats, or my abilities to participate in the Dragon Boat Race.
5. I am aware that the inherent risks of the Dragon Boat Race include, personal injury (including death), and damage to my personal property and to the personal property of others.
6. I am in proper physical and mental condition to participate in this event and am aware that participation could, in some circumstances, result in physical and mental injury as well as the loss of personal property.
7. I am aware that at all times it is my sole responsibility to assess whether I am mentally and physically capable of participating in the Dragon Boat Race.
8. I agree to assume all risk for all injuries (including but not limited to death) to myself and/or damage or loss of my or a third party’s personal property that may result from my participation in the Dragon Boat Race.